A Very Hungry Caterpillar - Will's First Birthday

I have been wanting to write a post on Will's birthday party for a while now. It was such an amazing day. I cannot believe my little man is already one!


I didn't use a tutorial for the lantern caterpillar, just worked from a picture. I was so happy with how it turned out, and Will REALLY loved it. He kept staring and pointing at it as he ate. 


Our centerpiece, of course. you can buy it here!


The Cake



I wanted to make a healthy birthday cake, because we took our time introducing foods and he had never had sugar yet. I used this carrot cake cupcake recipe. I was nervous about using food coloring, so I got these dyes called chocolate craft at Whole Foods that are plant based (the red is made from beets)! They smelled a little funky when I was making them, but once they were mixed, no one could taste the difference. 


The beautiful setting =)


We planned our menu based around what the caterpillar eats in the book. For the green leaf, we made a salad. I made food labels with images from the book using these.


Party Favors!


The Birthday Boy!



My mom made his adorable bib!


"Hey I like this sugar stuff!"

Meme had to change him out of his cute outfit because he was covered in cake.


Happy Birthday sweet little man!

xoxo Mommy

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts